If you like the idea of a night vision monocular that can also record what you are looking at then check out the Ranger RT 6.5×42 S by Yukon Advanced Optics…
The long standing Ranger 6.5×42 monocular series is now available in an RT model. The Ranger RT 6.5×42 S includes Stream Vision technology for movie capture, remote control via Smartphone and many more features. It also has a MicroUSB port and a 2x digital zoom.
Offering users a long detection range with powerful optics and sensitive CMOS sensor to produce a high quality image. Long and short range visibility has been considered in the design, resulting in two built-in IR illuminators; a short range, covert 940nm IR and a more powerful long range IR illuminator.
A 6-12 hour battery life can be achieved by using six AA batteries. A spare battery container is provided with both models, so the batteries can be changed easily in the field.
- Magnification: 6.5-13.0x
- Detection Range: 450m
- Horizontal Field of View: 4.6°
- Display Type: 640×480 LCD
- Sensor Type: 640×480 CMOS
- Battery Life: 12 hrs
In brief the Ranger RT 6.5×42 S Night Vision Monocular Features:
- Enhanced night-time sensitivity
- High magnification
- Long detection range
- Long range IR Illuminator
- Wi-Fi remote review and operation using smartphone
- Recording and live YouTube streaming
- Onboard video & sound recording
- External power supply option
- Protection against bright light sources
Built-in video recording
- Capturing still images and video is seamless with the Ranger RT’s built-in video recorder. Image and video content is stored internally and can easily be transferred to a PC/laptop via wired connection or Wi-Fi.
- The Ranger RT model includes up to 6.5x magnification and features both 2x step-up and smooth, graduated magnification for a truly optimum, customised field of view.
Long Detection Range
- Depending on the model, the Ranger can detect up to 450m away
Stream Vision Compatible
- The highlight of the Ranger RT is the ability to link the device via Wi-Fi with Android and iOS based mobile units using the free mobile application Stream Vision. The Stream Vision software connects the device with Android/iOS devices, which enables you to receive footage in real time mode, to distantly operate the device with your smartphone and to stream the footage captured by the device to direct to Youtube.