This is the 2G cellular version of the Ltl Acorn 6310 series wildlife trail camera with Encryption.
Trail Camera with Encryption
This means that should your trail camera or SD card be stolen the thief cannot access the images recorded without having access the decryption software. The images recorded cannot be viewed either on the cameras’ built in LCD screen or via a computer. The encryption only applies to images, no video at this time. Videos can still be viewed as normal either on the camera screen itself or on a computer.
How does the Encryption actually work for this trail camera?
1. The first thing to remember is that the Encryption is only possible for images at this time. The video cannot be encrypted at the moment.
2. The camera records an image and the image is stored in the DCIM folder on the SD card as is usual with all of the Ltl Acorn cellular cameras.
3. The image then is also sent to the MMS folder on the SD card (as usual) and then from there it’s sent out to the customer phone/email address. This image sent from the MMS folder is not encrypted which means the customer can see the image on their mobile phone/email when it arrives, without needing decryption software.
4. Once the image is sent out from the MMS folder it will then be deleted from the MMS folder but it will still be in the DCIM folder.
5. The image stored in the DCIM folder is then encrypted so that if somebody steals the trail camera and/or the SD card, the thief cannot view the recorded images without having the decryption software.
IMPORTANT – the process above is what is taking place in the background each time an image is captured, thanks to the cameras’ programming and firmware. Basically, no image captured by the camera will be view able without the decryption software, this is the case whether your are actually using the cameras’ ability to send images out to your phone/email or not. So if you do not require the camera to send you the images that is fine, these images will still be encrypted.
Further product description:
It offers 1080P video recording, 12MP photos (interpolated from 5MP), has the larger 44 led infrared array for greater night vision range, it also records audio.
The Ltl Acorn cellular cameras can also be set up to send images direct to your mobile phone or email address when triggered – using the 2G mobile phone network. Please note the 3G versions can send higher quality video & photos much faster than the 2G versions, so please take this into consideration when choosing your trail camera.
Not only great for wildlife monitoring, these cameras are often used for security surveillance of anti social or criminal activities in locations where running a mains power cable is problematic.
With the built in infrared for night vision and the IP66 rated weatherproof casing, the 6310MG/WMG 2G trail camera can be used outside for recording video or shooting photos day or night.
The 6310 series can take up to 32G SD cards (not supplied) and a maximum of 12 AA batteries (requires 4 minimum, not supplied).
Batteries are not included but battery choice is vital for the performance of your camera, do not use Duracell and do not choose any batteries with a capacity lower than 2500mA. We currently recommend Panasonic Eneloop Pro 2500mA Rechargeable AAs for use with all of the Ltl Acorn Cellular Cameras.
The 6310MG uses the covert “no glow” 940nm infrared. So ideal for human surveillance and when you want to make the camera as difficult as possible to be seen in dark conditions.
With built in recording, on board infrared, motion/heat sensors and AA battery slots the Ltl Acorn cameras require no cables at all and so are ideal for locations without access to mains power.
You can choose between the standard or wide angle lens version. The standard lens offers an angle of view of around 50 degrees and this doubles with the wide angle lens to about 100 degrees. Take a look at the lens comparison image for a better idea of what each lens could do for your planned trail camera location.
Ron Bury of www.ronburyswildlife.com takes care of all Pakatak Ltds’ customer support for the Ltl Acorn cellular models so you can be sure of excellent pre and post purchase support.