Ltl Acorn Camera Repairs
The information below relates to Ltl Acorn wildlife camera traps purchased from Pakatak Ltd, either directly or via Amazon. If you purchased your trail camera from another retailer please contact them for information.
Things to check first:
- Power – 90% of problems are due to power issues. Try new, recommended batteries only (ask us if you’re not sure).
- Memory Card – try a new SD card or micro SD card.
- Dry Out – bring your camera indoors, remove all batteries and memory card and let it dry out for a few days. Then try it again.
- Switch Clean – this is an easy process explained here and can fix many issues.
- Reset to Default – reset your camera to default settings using the built in menu. This can sometimes clear any software glitches.
We have a full range of spare parts for the Ltl Acorn cameras. So if your camera just has some damage to the front cover, back cover, a battery door etc, this can probably be fixed very easily.
In Warranty Repairs
If your camera develops a fault within the first year since purchase then please contact us via our website contact us form. Include details such as your order number, camera model number and serial number.
We will arrange for you to return your trail camera to us and we will repair or replace as quickly as possible. Usually within 7-14 days.
Out of Warranty Repairs
If your Ltl Acorn camera develops a fault outside the 1 year warranty period then the procedure below applies:
- Contact us via the website contact us form with details of the problem, camera model, serial number and order number.
- We will then check the serial number against our records to ensure that it was purchased from or through Pakatak Ltd.
- You will be asked to return the camera to us.
- If we are unable to fix the problem it can be (at your request) sent back to the manufacturer for repair – batches are usually sent to Ltl Acorn on a quarterly basis.
- Ltl Acorn will then notify us of any repair costs (unlikely to be any lower than £49+VAT for standard cameras or £80+VAT for cellular cameras). These prices include shipping back to you if the repair is successful.
- We will contact you with these costs and you can then decide whether you would like to go ahead with the repair or not.
- If you choose to go ahead we will send you a link to make the payment online.
- Once payment is received we will instruct Ltl Acorn to carry out the repair.
- Ltl Acorn will ship the repaired trail camera back to us with our next bulk shipment order.
- Once we have the camera back here at Pakatak, we’ll test it to ensure it’s working well and then send it back out to you.
Please note, this entire process can take anything from 3-5 months. Out of warranty repairs are not likely to come in at any lower than £49+VAT for standard cameras or £80+VAT for cellular cameras and repaired units come with a new 30 day warranty.